Friday, May 22, 2009

Crazy Week

Hey again! I am excited to be back on track with the weekly updates! So, this week has been a crazy one. The Boarders DTS (for those who snowboard or ski) returned on Saturday and Sunday from their outreaches to Mexico, Panama, and Thailand. The Boarders DTS started while I was in Colombia on outreach, but I had the opportunity to meet many of these DTS students when I returned from my outreach for debrief week. It has been good hearing what God did in their lives through their outreaches. They are graduating today, but it has been nice having them around this week. And tomorrow the "Around the World" team that is part of the Multi-cultural DTS currently running here leaves for their outreach that takes them to 7 countries in 80 days. With the schools this semester being so small I have really gotten to know the DTS students, so it will be sad to see them go, but joyful at the same time.

Wednesday night this week was quite interesting. We participated in a worship event from 12 - 2 am that included several YWAM bases throughout the world all engaged in worship together via a program called Genesis. Genesis is similar to Skype, which allows you to see and hear people over the internet, and we were able to have 9 bases pulled up on our big screen at all times. It was a neat experience that included some bases from Amsterdam, Egypt, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Switzerland, Mexico, and some in the United States.

So, for the long anticipated wait - I will be leaving for China the end of August, and I have made a 2 year commitment to this team. With August being only 3 months away, I realize I have a lot to get done in that time, but I am excited. My current passport expires in January 2010, but I was strongly advised to renew it now here in the States instead of waiting to do it in China where it will be more of a hassle. So, that is the next big thing to do before I can apply for my visa. If you would be praying for those two things, I would greatly appreciate it. There are still many more details to come about China, but I need to finish filling in my family on them first, which I will be doing this weekend.

I am actually leaving in a few hours to fly to Orlando for the weekend where I get to spend Memorial Day with the family, and I will be back Monday night to resume classes again on Tuesday. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend, and let's not forget to pray for our veterans and their families remembering the sacrifices they have made for us. God Bless.

No comments: